Dennis KumQuats Sauce Recipe
- 2 Cups Kum-Quat finely chopped
- ½ of a cup diced onion
- ¼ of a cup chopped fresh coriander or parsley
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- ¼ of a teaspoon of boukovo
- A pinch of cayenne pepper
- A pinch of kosher salt
Put all the ingredients and add more or less red cayenne pepper to achieve the desired spiciness. Leave the mixture for an hour so that the flavors of the mixture bind together,
In a small saucepan, mix all ingredients well and simmer for about an hour and a half.
Stir occasionally to achieve the consistency you like. The amount of sauce that will be made with this mixture will be in the final form 2 ½ cups. The sauce is served with steak or seafood, such as halibut, black sea bass or salmon, or in a simple pasta.
Dennis KumQuats Jam
Ingredients for 1½ kg Jam
- 1 kg fresh KumQuats
- 1250ml Water
- ½ Lemon juice
- 1,250g sugar
- Wash the KumQuats well and remove the pits.
- Cut the KumQuats into very thin slices, put them in a large pot and add the water.
- We leave them like this for one night. The next day, add the lemon juice to the pot and simmer covered for about 30 minutes until their skin softens.
- Add the sugar to the pot. At low temperature without boiling the jam, stir until the sugar melts.
- Once the sugar has melted, raise the temperature to high and boil without stirring for 20 minutes. Test if it is and remove from the heat.
- Put in sterile hot jars and as soon as the jam cools, seal them.
Γλυκό Κουταλιού Κουμ-Κουατ Dennis
- 250g KumQuats fruits.
- 500g Sugar.
- 0,5L Water
- 5 Drops Lemon juice
Wash the fruit, then pierce it circumferentially with a toothpick, Put the KumQuats in water for three days, and change the water every day.
Boil them for 30 minutes on low heat and make sure the water covers the fruit. Discard the boiled water and boil them again for another 30 minutes.
Empty the water again and check if the fruit is soft. Prepare the syrup by adding the sugar, water and lemon and boil it for 3 minutes. Add the boiled fruits to the prepared syrup and let them boil together for a few minutes.
If the syrup sets too much, add a little water and boil for 3-5 minutes.
If it is too thin, add sugar the next day and boil again for 3-5 minutes.